About my sessions, shooting style, and mission:
* After scheduling each session, I send out a questionnaire to get to know you and your goals for your photographs. My main goal is to exceed your expectations for your photographs and to capture what is most important to you.
* My shooting style is a combination between posed portraits and lifestyle. I aim to get a combination of the smiley, formal portraits and those incredible moments in between that illustrate the relationships between you and your loved ones. Some people value one style over the other, so let me know before your session if one is more important than the other. Even in the lifestyle images, I will give you direction to help us achieve the best images possible.
* My editing style is clean and crisp. I generally include a combination of color and black and white images in the final proofs that are delivered.
* I pretty much ALWAYS have a huge smile on my face when I’m taking photographs. Yes, it’s a genuine smile. No, I’m not crazy. I just really, really, really love taking pictures.
* The loves of my life, in order: my husband and my daughter (they’re tied for first, because I love them each with all of my heart, but in different ways), my energetic German Shepherd, photography in all of its forms, nature, and dessert.
* My husband was my first boyfriend and my high school sweetheart. Pretty cool how life and love work out, isn’t it?!
* I love dancing, even though I look a fool when I do it. If you watch closely I might do the Cupid Shuffle while moving around the dance floor at your wedding to get a different angle!
* I minored in Art with a concentration in photography in undergrad at the University of Miami (Go Canes!), and most of my classes were with film.
* Senior year of high school, I applied Early Decision to NYU for Photography and was rejected. Likely because I had never taken an art class and thought my angsty photos with my point and shoot were good, but it still crushed me. I sat outside in the snow that evening for a pretty long time wondering what I was going to do with my life now. Then I went back inside and started on my new plan. It worked out pretty well, in my opinion. I’ll make sure to rub it in their faces during my E! True Hollywood Story someday though.
* My favorite camera of all time is my Yashica D – it’s an old-school TLR medium format camera that is super crisp – and I only got it for $80 on eBay! Major score! I used it for an independent study project that I did while traveling/WWOOFing in Ireland and France, and they are some of my favorite portraits that I have ever taken.
* My dream is to have a darkroom in my basement. Digital is great and all, but film is still my favorite.
* I’m an NPR junkie. My favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning off is listen to Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me and Car Talk reruns. I don’t even care about cars.